Assistant, Aquatic and Wetland Restoration and Management (2 Positions)
The Credit Valley Conservation Authority (CVC) is a partnership of the municipalities within the Credit River Watershed. We are dedicated to the conservation, protection, restoration and sustainable development of the natural resources of our watershed. Together we have a long and successful history of ensuring a clean supply of water for human and environmental needs. At this time, we are seeking to fill the position of:Assistant, Aquatic and Wetland Restoration and Management (2 Positions)
Summary of Functions
Reporting to the Technician 2, Ecosystem Restoration, this position involves working as part of an aquatic rehabilitation crew that implements and monitors aquatic restoration projects.
- Must be currently enrolled in or have completed a college/ university program specializing in environmental science, natural resource management, restoration ecology, or a related environmental field.
- A working knowledge of stream and wetland restoration techniques, including planting and bioengineering, is required.
- Must possess a valid Class ‘G’ Driver’s License. The successful applicant will be required to provide a MTO Driver’s Abstract.
- Must be willing to work under adverse environmental conditions.
- Class 1 or 2 electrofishing certification is an asset.
- Standard first aid/ CPR certification is an asset
Summary of Major TasksPerform the following tasks under limited direction:
- Utilize basic construction techniques to build in-stream habitat structures, install sediment and erosion controls, and maintain exclusion fencing.
- Assist with restoration monitoring efforts that involve the assessment of biotic and abiotic features at a site, including stream geomorphology, fish and fish habitat, and water quality.
- Use a wide variety of tools and field equipment, including drills, electrofishing units, seine nets, and water quality probes
- Prepare for community workdays through the pickup and delivery of planting stock and other material.
- Follow health and safety practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Anticipated Start and End Dates: April 16 – August 31, 2018 (35 hours/ week)
Salary starting at: $14.14 per hour
Forward resume by February 19, 2018 to:
Please quote "Assistant, Aquatic and Wetland Restoration and Management (2 Positions)" on resume/letter. Resumes/letters submitted electronically must be submitted in Microsoft Word format.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
CVC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), CVC will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability – related accommodations, please inform the Human Resources (HR) staff. All personal information is collected under the authority of the municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.