Administrator, Watershed Knowledge (1 Permanent Position)
Start date: October 15th, 2019 (35 hours/ week), Full-time
At this time, we are seeking to fill the position of:Administrator, Watershed Knowledge (1 Permanent Position)
Summary of Functions
Provide administrative support to the Watershed Knowledge department while interacting with other CVC staff members and external clients. This role is responsible for providing excellent customer service and back-up reception relief as required.
- Minimum 2 years post-secondary education in Business Administration or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years administrative or comparable experience
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook, in particular); familiarity with modern communications software (Teams, Yammer, etc) is an asset.
- Knowledge of the Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat) would be an asset
- Knowledge of file management systems (SharePoint) and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Excellent interpersonal and with the ability to work independently and collaboratively with co-workers.
- Must possess strong organization, attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and deal with issues in a sensitive, efficient and business-like manner
- Familiarity with general office equipment (phone system, photocopying, faxing, scanning, etc.)
- Knowledge of general office procedures, preparing documents and records management practices.
- Demonstrated ability in customer service, initiative, accountability, and flexibility.
- Must have excellent discretionary skills and be able to communicate politely and effectively
Summary of Major Tasks
- Provide administrative assistance to the Watershed Knowledge department and its staff in an efficient and timely manner including but not limited to: record management, document formatting and editing, electronic filing and tracking of training logs, vacation schedules, performance appraisals and various other departmental files, management of staff office seating, workshop/ event / meeting administrative support and Director administrative support
- Prepare department correspondence following corporate standards and provide document formatting and editing services on reports, internal and external correspondence, including the printing, and binding of reports
- Assist with the revision of documents, including technical reports, guides, and case studies
- Assist with calendar organization/booking/planning, schedule appointments, including social events within the departments, vacation schedules and maintains Outlook calendars
- Coordinate and arrange meetings, prepare comprehensive meeting minutes and send out agendas
- Prepare boardroom for meetings and ensures appropriate setup before and after meetings
- Prepare expense and credit card claims
- Take incoming phone calls and redirect as required
- Ensure documents requiring the Director’s approval are circulated in a timely manner and advanced to the appropriate party
- Collect and report on information/data requested by the Director on the corporate or departmental level
- Provide support for events including creating and distributing marketing materials, registration, logistics planning, administration and event support.
- Register for booths at conferences, provide payment, ensure proper materials are in place, rent equipment and resources as needed.
- Circulate workshop invitations and online invitations, track registration and prepare name badges
- Assist with the development of materials for public viewing and the design of factsheets and graphics for the team to use for various communication purposes
- Liaise with managers and staff as directed
- Source supplies as required for the department
- Assist with summarizing chapters and sections in guidebooks, articles for internal and external publications, and case studies, as required
- Provide reception back-up relief duties as needed
- Act as administrative resource to other departments as required
- Act as the backup liaison with building management
- Other duties and projects as appropriate to the position
Salary starting at: $50,407
Forward resume by September, 17th, 2019 to:
Please quote "Administrator, Watershed Knowledge (1 Permanent Position)" on resume/letter. Resumes/letters submitted electronically must be submitted in Microsoft Word format.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
CVC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), CVC will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability – related accommodations, please inform the Human Resources (HR) staff. All personal information is collected under the authority of the municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.