Administrator, CAO’s Office
At this time, we are seeking to fill the position of:Administrator, CAO’s Office
Who are we?
Credit Valley Conservation is one of Ontario’s 36 conservation authorities dedicated to protecting, restoring and enhancing our local natural environment. We care for the Credit River, its streams and tributaries from the headwaters in Orangeville to the shores of Lake Ontario in Mississauga. We are scientists, engineers, researchers, educators, environmentalists, stewards, planners, foresters, recreation experts and much more. We create connections between people and nature, knowledge and action. We inspire appreciation for the role of nature in keeping people connected, healthy and happy. We’re leaders and explorers. We are professional and we’re inspired. We know our stuff, and we work every day to make a difference.
Who are you?
You want to be part of an organization with an environmental goal. You get up every day and go to work with purpose. You accept that you may not change the world, but you’ll try to make an impact in your corner. You like to partner with skilled people across many professions. It’s as natural for you think about the outdoors as it is to think out of the box. You’re passionate, responsible and approachable. You do what’s right, not just what’s easy. You care, and it shows.
Why work for us?
We offer competitive public sector pay. We have a good employee benefits program. We’re members of the Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System (OMERS) pension fund. We have flexible work hours for many positions. We find time to have fun and celebrate successes. You’ll have free access to our parks and discounts on recreational equipment rentals. You’ll know your co-workers by name and will make fast friends. You’ll like being at work.
Summary of Functions
Reporting to the Corporate Secretariat, the Administrator, CAO’s Office provides effective support, administrative assistance to the CAO; Corporate Secretariat; Executive Director, CVC Foundation; and Senior Manager, Human Resources. This position interacts regularly with CVC staff and external clients and must provide excellent customer service with the utmost discretion.
- Post-secondary education in business or office administration or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years administrative experience
- Demonstrated experience in organizing meetings, including preparation of agendas, taking minutes, and circulation of minutes with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills
- Strong organizational and attention to detail skills with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong computer skills (MS Office and databases). Proficiency in other programs (such as document management systems) an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and deal with issues in a sensitive, efficient and business-like manner
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with general office equipment (phone system, photocopying, scanning, etc.)
- Knowledge of general office procedures, preparing documents and records management practices.
- Demonstrated ability in customer service, team work, initiative/self-management, accountability, and flexibility/adaptability.
- Must have excellent discretionary skills and be able to communicate politely and effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrating tact and confidence in engaging with members of the public, municipal partners, board members and staff on regular basis
Summary of Major TasksPerform the following tasks under general direction:
- Assist with the daily administration of the CAO.’s office by providing a variety of executive administrative support to the CAO.
- Manage the CAO’s schedule and calendar, arranging appointment and meetings on CAO’s behalf.
- Review and prioritize CAO’s office mail and correspondence; distribute to appropriate staff and follow-up as required.
- Liaise with CVC managers and staff on behalf of the CAO.
- Prepare and distribute minutes for various meetings as required.
- Provide support to the Corporate Secretariat for Board Meetings including attendance at all Board meetings, providing administrative assistance, as well as assisting with meeting set-up and follow-up as required.
- Assist in maintaining permanent central corporate files (paper) and working files (electronic and paper) for CAO’s office.
- Provide reception back-up relief duties as required.
- Act as administrative resource to other departments as required.
- Provide additional assistance to Corporate Secretariat as required.
- Act with care and discretion on all confidential matters.
- Anticipated Start and End Dates: May 13, 2019 – November 27, 2020 (35 hours/week)
Salary starting at: $50,407
Forward resume by April 24, 2019 to:
Please quote "Administrator, CAO’s Office" on resume/letter. Resumes/letters submitted electronically must be submitted in Microsoft Word format.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
CVC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), CVC will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability – related accommodations, please inform the Human Resources (HR) staff. All personal information is collected under the authority of the municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.