Administrator, Accounts Payable
At this time, we are seeking to fill the position of:Administrator, Accounts Payable
Who are we?
Credit Valley Conservation is one of Ontario’s 36 conservation authorities dedicated to protecting, restoring and enhancing our local natural environment. We care for the Credit River, its streams and tributaries from the headwaters in Orangeville to the shores of Lake Ontario in Mississauga. We are scientists, engineers, researchers, educators, environmentalists, stewards, planners, foresters, recreation experts and much more. We create connections between people and nature, knowledge and action. We inspire appreciation for the role of nature in keeping people connected, healthy and happy. We’re leaders and explorers. We are professional and we’re inspired. We know our stuff, and we work every day to make a difference.
Who are you?
You want to be part of an organization with an environmental goal. You get up every day and go to work with purpose. You accept that you may not change the world, but you’ll try to make an impact in your corner. You like to partner with skilled people across many professions. It’s as natural for you think about the outdoors as it is to think out of the box. You’re passionate, responsible and approachable. You do what’s right, not just what’s easy. You care, and it shows.
Why work for us?
We offer competitive public sector pay. We have a good employee benefits program. We’re members of the Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System (OMERS) pension fund. We have flexible work hours for many positions. We find time to have fun and celebrate successes. You’ll have free access to our parks and discounts on recreational equipment rentals. You’ll know your co-workers by name and will make fast friends. You’ll like being at work.
Under the direction of the Senior Manager, Finance, the Administrator, Accounts Payable is responsible for accurately and efficiently processing vendor invoices and expense reports on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Execute administrative activities for processing vendor invoices and ensure internal control procedures are followed.
- Validate appropriate documentation and approvals for invoices, matching invoices to purchase orders, entering invoices data in the accounting system for payment, and responding to inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Adhere to company policies, process and procedures to effectively manage accounts, vendors, outstanding payments and invoices.
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries.
- Validate the accuracy and completeness of employee expenses, follows-up and informs employees of any discrepancies, responds to inquiries and performs data entry within company deadlines.
- Track expenses and process expense reports on a regular basis.
- Process monthly utility, telephone billings and any other regular monthly billings, maintaining an individual log on each individual bill.
- Prepares and processes weekly cheque runs, manual payments and any transactions.
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records and reconcile accounts payable with vendor statements.
- Prepare accounts payable accruals.
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date.
- Provide supporting documentation for audits.
- Ongoing maintenance of files and documents.
- Act as back up for Financial Coordinator (Accounts Receivable) when away from the office.
- Assist with the petty cash reimbursement process by reviewing account codes, authorizations and ensuring appropriate amount of funds are readily available, as required.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Federal/Provincial sales tax regulations.
- On a back-up basis, prepare bank deposits and make deposits at the bank; balance and enter deposits into accounting system.
- Other duties and projects as appropriate to the position.
Summary of Major Tasks
- Post-secondary education in business administration, accounting, or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years’ experience related to major tasks
- Experience with ACCPAC an asset
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping principles
- Knowledge of accounting and billing software
- Working knowledge and familiarity with accounts payable and general ledgers
- Strong communication and customer services skills
- Ability to prioritize and work independently as well as in a team environment
- Excellent organization, time management and administrative skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accurate data entry skills
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and has a strong sense of urgency
- Proficient MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Be an exceptional team player who contributes to the organizational culture
- Anticipated Start and End Dates: May 2019 (35 hours/week)
Salary starting at: $50,407
Forward resume by April 22, 2019 to:
Please quote "Administrator, Accounts Payable" on resume/letter. Resumes/letters submitted electronically must be submitted in Microsoft Word format.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
CVC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), CVC will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability – related accommodations, please inform the Human Resources (HR) staff. All personal information is collected under the authority of the municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.