Welcoming Spring – Fletchers Creek Neighbourhood Walk
June 4 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
Welcome Spring with Us
Join CVC educators for a guided walking tour of your neighborhood, welcoming Spring while exploring pathways along Fletcher’s Creek in Brampton, hidden gems within the local urban forest as well as exciting new stormwater infrastructure in this neighborhood.
Along this walk, we will visit special local areas such as:
- Chris Gibson Park
- Haggert Avenue Tree-lined Bioswale
- Fletcher’s Creek Trail
- Glendale Public School Rain Garden
- Fred Kline Park
Participants will be led by CVC educators to:
- Learn simple tips to observe plants and animals
- Learn about innovative local greening projects
- Experience the benefits of nature meditation
Event participants have a chance to win a $50 gift card to FreshCo or OccaSSions TreatsParlour. Must be a resident of the Fletchers Creek SNAP neighbourhood to be eligible. Visit cvc.ca/contest-rules for complete contest rules and regulations.
For more information about events in the Fletchers Creek SNAP neighbourhood visit cvc.ca/fletchers-creek-snap-events/.
This event is part of Fletchers Creek Sustainable Neighbourhood Action Plan (SNAP).
Accessibility note: The walk will take place on paved pathways and sidewalks. Some surfaces may be uneven, grassy and on a slight slope.
Events and activities are subject to change based on evolving provincial and public health unit guidelines. Registrants will receive notification if events change or are cancelled.
COVID-19 best practices and safety precautions at CVC-led events:
- Stay home if you are feeling sick, if you have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive, or are under self-quarantine
- Participants will be required to practice physical distancing and best hygiene practices to ensure compliance with local and provincial COVID-19 guidelines
- Bring your own mask
- Bring your own snacks and water
- Wear sturdy, closed-toe shoes and weather appropriate clothing
- Washroom amenities will not be available
- For participants under 18 please bring a signed copy of our Youth Waiver
- For participants over 18 please read and acknowledge the Waiver of Liability and Indemnity
The well-being of our participants and staff is our top priority. We are following provincial and local regulations regarding COVID-19 guidelines for outdoor gatherings. We will do everything we can to ensure participants maintain physical distancing at our events. If this is not possible, staff and participants will be asked to wear a mask.
Online registration and COVID-19 screening are required.