Tree Photography Walk in Fletchers Creek SNAP Neighbourhood
September 28 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pmFree
Join photography expert for a walk for tips and tricks to enhance your nature photography skills.
When it comes to tree and nature photography, what makes for a good photo? During this neighbourhood walk, photography expert Ankur will share tips and tricks to enhance your nature photography skills. No matter what tool you use – cellphone, point and shoot, or DSLR – you will learn simple tricks about telling compelling nature stories through images!
By the end of the walk, you will learn to:
- Take tack-sharp images
- Frame your subject better
- Infuse storytelling into your images
- Choose the best settings on your phone/camera
Ankur Khurana is a tenacious advocate of environmental justice whose love for wildlife has taken him all over the world. Originally from India, Ankur has been photographing wildlife and nature for a decade, and it is his love for birds that led him to the field of conservation. Ankur works with Credit Valley Conservation as an environmental communications professional.
Event participants have a chance to win a $50 gift card to FreshCo or OccaSSions TreatsParlour. Must be a resident of the Fletchers Creek SNAP neighbourhood to be eligible. Visit cvc.ca/contest-rules for complete contest rules and regulations.
Accessibility note: The walk will take place on paved pathways and sidewalks. Some surfaces may be uneven and grassy.
In the event of cancellation due to severe weather, the event will postponed to Thursday October 7 from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
For questions about this event, contact us.
About This Event
This event is presented by Fletchers Creek SNAP project and is part of the Community Tree Project which is led by Credit Valley Conservation and is funded in part by the Government of Canada with support from the City of Brampton. Visit cvc.ca/CommunityTreeProject to learn more.
COVID-19 Participant Protocols and Guidelines
The well-being of our participants and staff is our top priority. We are following provincial and local regulations regarding COVID-19 guidelines for outdoor gatherings. Online registration and COVID-19 screening are required. We will do everything we can to ensure participants maintain physical distancing at our events. If this is not possible, staff and participants will be asked to wear a safety mask.
COVID-19 best practices and safety precautions at CVC-led events:
- Stay home if you are feeling sick, if you have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive, or are under self-quarantine
- Participants will be required to practice physical distancing and best hygiene practices to ensure compliance with local and provincial COVID-19 guidelines
- Bring your own mask
- Bring your own snacks and water
- Bring your own camera and/or cell phone
- Washroom amenities will not be available
- For participants under 18 please bring a signed copy of our Youth Waiver.
- For participants over 18 please read and acknowledge the Waiver of Liability and Indemnity.
This event is subject to change or cancellation due to COVID-19 and related public health restrictions. To stay current on event changes or cancellations, call 905-670-1615 ext. 221 or follow us on social media. We will update registrants if the status of this event changes or is cancelled.