Nature Photography Walk in West Branch Park
October 22 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pmFree
Learn from a Professional Photographer
When it comes to nature photography, what makes for a good photo? Join us in the beautiful Hungry Hollow ravine with photography expert, Ankur Khurana and CVC educators to learn tips and tricks to enhance your nature photography and observations skills.
No matter what tool you use – cellphone, point and shoot, or DSLR – you will learn simple tricks about telling compelling stories through images! By the end of the walk, you will have learned to:
- Take tack-sharp images
- Frame your subject better
- Infuse storytelling into your images
- Choose the best settings on your phone or camera
Ankur Khurana is a tenacious advocate of environmental justice whose love for wildlife has taken him all over the world. Originally from India, Ankur has been photographing wildlife and nature for a decade. Check out his stunning photography on Instagram: @planetwildimages.
This event is part of the Hungry Hollow Sustainable Neighbourhood Action Plan (SNAP).
- Accessibility note: This walk will take place on the Hungry Hollow ravine trails with some uneven terrain
- In the event of cancellation due to severe weather, the event will be postponed to Sunday, October 23 from 2 to 4 p.m. and participants will be notified by email
- Volunteers under 18 please bring a signed copy of our event waiver
- Volunteers over 18 please read and acknowledge the event waiver
COVID-19 Participant Protocols and Guidelines
The well-being of our participants and staff is our top priority. We are following provincial and local regulations regarding COVID-19 guidelines for outdoor gatherings. See all protocols and guidelines.
This event is subject to change or cancellation due to COVID-19 and related public health restrictions or due to inclement weather. To stay current on event changes or cancellations, follow us on social media. We will update registrants if the status of this event changes or is cancelled.