Maple Syrup: A Guided Sugarbush Tour
Saturday, March 23, 2019
Ticket times: 10:00 a.m. & 1:30 p.m. Tour runs approx. 3 hours
Terra Cotta Conservation Area, Halton Hills (View Map)
$40+HST/person (includes tour package and all-day access to the festival)
This guided sugarbush tour will take visitors on a trip through time with the story of maple syrup production. Guests will learn about how a tree makes sap and when the Indigenous People discovered maple syrup. Our sugarbush story continues with tales of the pioneers that produced maple syrup and how the process has evolved today. Finish the tour with a glimpse into the future. How is the changing climate impacting this special resource?
- Buffet pancake breakfast at the Watershed Learning Centre
- Guided walk to the sugarbush for an introduction to maple sap
- Sweetwater Indigenous demonstration
- Pioneer production demonstration
- Sugar Shack tour
- Learn about how changing climate is affecting maple syrup
- Receive a take home souvenir
Make the most of your visit. Be sure to check the entertainment schedule to enjoy other activities in the park before or after your tour!
* Groups are limited to 20 people per session. Advanced tickets are required.
Contact: Credit Valley Conservation at 1-800-367-0890 or email@example.comRegister Online