- This event has passed.
Joseph Gibbons Park Tree Planting for Older Adults
May 14 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Plant Tree with Us
Let’s work together to make the Hungry Hollow SNAP neighborhood more sustainable and ready for a changing climate.
Join us as we plant native trees and shrubs in Joseph Gibbons Park. Trees provide shade and natural cooling on hot summer days while also attracting local wildlife and adding beauty to your community. This event has been planned in partnership with the Town of Halton Hills and is designed for older adults (55+) but is suitable for the whole family! Come out on a Spring day, meet your neighbors and plant some trees with us! This event is part of Hungry Hollow Sustainable Neighborhood Action Plan (SNAP).
- For your own safety, please dress for the weather, wear long pants, socks, and closed-toed shoes.
- Shovels will be provided. You can also bring your own.
- Register for this event by May 12, 2022.
- Online registration and COVID-19 screening are required.
- Click here to see a map of the event location.
COVID-19 Participant Protocols and Guidelines
The well-being of our participants and staff is our top priority. We will do everything we can to ensure participants maintain physical distancing at our events. If this is not possible, staff and participants will be asked to wear a face covering. See all protocols and guidelines.
COVID-19 best practices and safety precautions at CVC-led events:
- Stay home if you are feeling sick, if you have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive, or are self-isolating
- Participants will be required to practice physical distancing and best hygiene practices to ensure compliance with local and provincial COVID-19 guidelines
- Bring your own face covering
- Bring your own snacks and water
- Bring your own work gloves. We have extra supplies
- There will be a maximum of 50 participants at the event
- Washroom amenities may not be available
- Volunteers under 18 please bring a signed copy of our event waiver
- Volunteers over 18 please read and acknowledge the event waiver
The well-being of our participants and staff is our top priority. We will do everything we can to ensure participants maintain physical distancing at our events. If this is not possible, staff and participants will be asked to wear a face covering. Online pre-registration and COVID-19 self-assessment are required for all CVC events.
To stay current on event changes or cancellations, call 905-670-1615 ext. 221 or follow us on social media. We will update registrants if the status of this event changes or is cancelled.