In class: Certified Inspector of Sediment and Erosion Control Training and Exam
Wednesday, November 6, 2019 - Thursday, November 7, 2019
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Carriage House Inn , Calgary (View Map)
Participants completing the certification program will demonstrate the following:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and practices of controlling sediment and erosion and other storm water pollutants;
- Necessary skills to observe onsite and offsite conditions that impact the quality of storm water discharges from active construction sites;
- Ability to inspect installed best management practices and their ongoing maintenance needs to determine if mitigation measures will sufficiently minimize the discharge of sediment and other pollutants from active construction sites;
- Ability to communicate and report on the inspection of active construction sites to determine if storm water management compliance issues exist; and
- Understanding of Federal, Provincial and local rules and regulations that apply to construction site erosion and sediment control practices.
Who should attend?
The CAN-CISEC training course is open to all interested professionals regardless of whether or not they are intending to write the certification exam. The training course is intended to be a review for participants taking the Level 3 exam; however, those individuals who are new to the industry will find that the course offers valuable knowledge and presents clear guidance with respect to the development of inspection skills and abilities.
Contact: Amanda Slaght at or firstname.lastname@example.org