- This event has passed.
Hungry Hollow Nature Hike
Sunday, October 17, 2021 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Join Us on a Hike Through the Beautiful Hungry Hollow Ravine!
Hungry Hollow Ravine is an important centre for biodiversity, situated at the heart of the Hungry Hollow SNAP neighbourhood. Enjoy a fall hike through the ravine, taking in the sights and sounds of the trail while learning about its many natural assets and offerings.
At the event, each participating household will be given a copy of either “Plants of Southern Ontario” or “Halton Hikes: Loops and Lattes”.
The event will take place on moderate to difficult terrain, which will include steep valley slopes. Please dress for the weather and wear appropriate footwear.
- Register early as spots are limited!
- In the event severe weather, this hike will be postponed to Sunday, October 24 from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
- This event is part of the Hungry Hollow SNAP Project and is funded in part by the Greenbelt Foundation.
Events and activities are subject to change based on evolving provincial and public health unit guidelines. Registrants will receive notification if events change or are cancelled. COVID-19 best practices and safety precautions at CVC-led events:
- Stay home if you are feeling sick, if you have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive, or are under self-quarantine
- Participants will be required to practice physical distancing and best hygiene practices to ensure compliance with local and provincial COVID-19 guidelines
- Bring your own mask
- Bring your own snacks and water
- Wear sturdy, closed-toe shoes and weather appropriate clothing
- Washroom amenities will not be available
- For participants under 18 please bring a signed copy of our Youth Waiver
- For participants over 18 please read and acknowledge the Waiver of Liability and Indemnity
The well-being of our participants and staff is our top priority. We are following provincial and local regulations regarding COVID-19 guidelines for outdoor gatherings. We will do everything we can to ensure participants maintain physical distancing at our events. If this is not possible, staff and participants will be asked to wear a mask.
*Online registration and COVID-19 screening are required