- This event has passed.
Georgetown Family Tree Planting
February 3 @ 9:04 am
Join CVC and Trees for Halton Hills as we come together with our families to plant trees and shrubs in West Branch Drive Park! Trees provide shade and natural cooling on hot summer days while also attracting local wildlife and adding beauty to your community. Let’s work together to make the Hungry Hollow SNAP neighbourhood more sustainable and ready for a changing climate.Each family attending will receive a seedling to plant at home! Trees for Halton Hills will also be giving a prize to the family that brings out the most generations to plant trees for a better future.For your own safety, please dress for the weather, wear long pants, socks, and closed-toed shoes.
*Please register for this event by Thursday, September 30th, 2021
COVID-19 Participant Protocols and Guidelines
Events and activities are subject to change based on evolving provincial and public health unit guidelines. Registrants will receive notification if events change or are cancelled. COVID-19 best practices and safety precautions at CVC-led events:
- Stay home if you are feeling sick, if you have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive, or are under self-quarantine
- Participants will be required to practice physical distancing and best hygiene practices to ensure compliance with local and provincial COVID-19 guidelines
- Bring your own mask
- Bring your own snacks and water
- Bring your own work gloves (clean gloves will be provided if you don’t have your own)
- Activity equipment and supplies will be provided, such as shovels will be provided. You can also bring your own
- There will be a maximum of 45 participants at the event
- Washroom amenities may not be available
- Volunteers under 18 please bring a signed copy of our event waiver
- Volunteers over 18 please read and acknowledge the event waiver
The well-being of our participants and staff is our top priority. We are following provincial and local regulations regarding COVID-19 guidelines for outdoor gatherings. We will do everything we can to ensure participants maintain physical distancing at our events. If this is not possible, staff and participants will be asked to wear a mask. See all protocols and guidelines.
Online registration and COVID-19 screening are required.
About the event
This event is split into 2 planting timeslots, one from 9 a.m.-10:30 a.m. and another from 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Please arrive at the time of your planting timeslot.