Fred Kline Park Tree Planting – Fletchers Creek SNAP
October 2 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
Join us at the Fletchers Creek SNAP Community Tree Planting. Help us make a difference in your local neighbourhood by planting trees and shrubs to combat climate change. Trees provide shade and natural cooling on hot summer days while also attracting local wildlife and adding beauty to your community. Meet at Fred Kline Park. Parking is available in the main parking lot.
Event participants have a chance to win a $50 gift card to FreshCo or OccaSSions TreatsParlour. Must be a resident of the Fletchers Creek SNAP neighbourhood to be eligible. Visit cvc.ca/contest-rules for complete contest rules and regulations.
COVID-19 Participant Protocols and Guidelines
The well-being of our participants and staff is our top priority. We are following provincial and local regulations regarding COVID-19 guidelines for outdoor gatherings. Online registration and COVID-19 screening are required. We will do everything we can to ensure participants maintain physical distancing at our events. If this is not possible, staff and participants will be asked to wear a safety mask. See all protocols and guidelines.
COVID-19 best practices and safety precautions at CVC-led events:
- Stay home if you are feeling sick, if you have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive, or are under self-quarantine
- Participants will be required to practice physical distancing and best hygiene practices to ensure compliance with local and provincial COVID-19 guidelines
- For your own safety, please dress for the weather, wear long pants, socks, and closed-toed shoes
- Bring your own mask
- Bring your own snacks and water
- Bring your own work gloves (clean gloves will be provided if you don’t have your own)
- Activity equipment and supplies will be provided, such as shovels will be provided. You can also bring your own.
- There will be a maximum of 30 participants at the event
- Washroom amenities may not be available
- Volunteers under 18 please bring a signed copy of our Event Waiver
- Volunteers over 18 please read and acknowledge the Waiver of Liability and Indemnity
This event is subject to change or cancellation due to COVID-19 and related public health restrictions. To stay current on event changes or cancellations, call 905-670-1615 ext. 221 or follow us on social media. We will update registrants if the status of this event changes or is cancelled.