Fletchers Creek Neighbourhood Walk
October 16 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
Join us on a fall walk through the Fletchers Creek neighbourhood in Brampton!
Enjoy beautiful fall colours on a guided neighbourhood walk through local parks and pathways along Fletcher’s Creek in Brampton. Discover local nature gems and learn about the benefits of trees in your neighbourhood.
Along this walk, we will visit special local areas such as:
- Chris Gibson Park
- Haggert Avenue Tree-lined Bioswale
- Fletcher’s Creek Trail
- Glendale Public School Rain Garden
- Fred Kline Park
Participants will be led by CVC educators to:
- Explore natural areas, parks and Fletcher’s Creek with neighbours
- Learn about the benefits of trees and simple tips for identifying common native trees
- Discover local projects that are managing stormwater and building a strong urban forest
Event participants have a chance to win a $50 gift card to FreshCo or OccaSSions TreatsParlour. Must be a resident of the Fletchers Creek SNAP neighbourhood to be eligible. Visit cvc.ca/contest-rules for complete contest rules and regulations.
Can’t make this Neighbourhood Walk? Join us on October 30 for another Fletchers Creek Neighbourhood Walk.
Accessibility note: The walk will take place on paved pathways and sidewalks. Some surfaces may be uneven and grassy.
**In the event of cancellation due to severe weather, the event will be postponed to Sunday October 17 from 2 to 4 p.m.
This event is presented by the Fletchers Creek SNAP project and is part of the Community Tree Project which is led by Credit Valley Conservation and is funded in part by the Government of Canada with support from the City of Brampton. Visit cvc.ca/CommunityTreeProject to learn more.
Events and activities are subject to change based on evolving provincial and public health unit guidelines. Registrants will receive notification if events change or are cancelled.
COVID-19 best practices and safety precautions at CVC-led events:
- Stay home if you are feeling sick, if you have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive, or are under self-quarantine
- Participants will be required to practice physical distancing and best hygiene practices to ensure compliance with local and provincial COVID-19 guidelines
- Bring your own mask
- Bring your own snacks and water
- Wear sturdy, closed-toe shoes and weather appropriate clothing
- Washroom amenities will not be available
- For participants under 18 please bring a signed copy of our Youth Waiver
- For participants over 18 please read and acknowledge the Waiver of Liability and Indemnity
The well-being of our participants and staff is our top priority. We are following provincial and local regulations regarding COVID-19 guidelines for outdoor gatherings. We will do everything we can to ensure participants maintain physical distancing at our events. If this is not possible, staff and participants will be asked to wear a mask.
Online registration and COVID-19 screening are required.