- This event has passed.
Cowton Family Meadows Tree and Pollinator Planting
Saturday, June 11, 2022 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Plant with us
Help us make a difference in our watershed, increase forest cover and beautify the neighbourhood. Join CVC at Cowton Family Meadows to plant beautiful native pollinator plants and trees to make the Fletchers Creek SNAP neighbourhood more sustainable and ready for a changing climate. This event is part of Fletchers Creek Sustainable Neighbourhood Action Plan (SNAP) and is generously supported by One Tree Planted.
- For your own safety, please dress for the weather, wear long pants, socks and closed-toed shoes.
- Shovels will be provided. You can also bring your own.
- Register for this event by Thursday, June 9, 2022.
- Online registration and COVID-19 screening are required.
- Click here to see a map of the event location.
COVID-19 Participant Protocols and Guidelines
The well-being of our participants and staff is our top priority. We will do everything we can to ensure participants maintain physical distancing at our events. If this is not possible, staff and participants will be asked to wear a face covering. See all protocols and guidelines.
COVID-19 best practices and safety precautions at CVC-led events:
- Stay home if you are feeling sick, if you have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive, or are self-isolating
- Participants will be required to practice physical distancing and best hygiene practices to ensure compliance with local and provincial COVID-19 guidelines
- Bring your own face covering
- Bring your own snacks and water
- Bring your own work gloves. We have extra supplies
- There will be a maximum of 50 participants at the event
- Washroom amenities may not be available
- Volunteers under 18 please bring a signed copy of our event waiver
- Volunteers over 18 please read and acknowledge the event waiver
The well-being of our participants and staff is our top priority. We will do everything we can to ensure participants maintain physical distancing at our events. If this is not possible, staff and participants will be asked to wear a face covering. Online pre-registration and COVID-19 self-assessment are required for all CVC events.
To stay current on event changes or cancellations, call 905-670-1615 ext. 221 or follow us on social media. We will update registrants if the status of this event changes or is cancelled.