- This event has passed.
Community Tree Project Celebration Planting
October 23 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
Help cool your neighbourhood by planting trees and shrubs to combat climate change. Trees provide shade on hot summer days while attracting local wildlife and adding beauty to your community.
For your own safety, please dress for the weather, wear long pants, socks, and closed-toed shoes. Please park in the parking lot for Chris Gibson Recreation Centre and meet at the CVC tent.
Register for this event by Thursday, October 21.
Events and activities are subject to change based on evolving provincial and public health unit guidelines. Registrants will receive notification if events change or are cancelled.
COVID-19 best practices and safety precautions at CVC-led events:
- Stay home if you are feeling sick, if you have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive, or are under self-quarantine
- Participants will be required to practice physical distancing and best hygiene practices to ensure compliance with local and provincial COVID-19 guidelines
- Bring your own mask
- Bring your own snacks and water
- Bring your own work gloves (clean gloves will be provided if you don’t have your own)
- Activity equipment and supplies will be provided, such as shovels will be provided. You can also bring your own.
- There will be a maximum of 45 participants at the event
- Washroom amenities will not be available
- For participants under 18 please bring a signed copy of our Youth Waiver
- For participants over 18 please read and acknowledge the Waiver of Liability and Indemnity
The well-being of our participants and staff is our top priority. We are following provincial and local regulations regarding COVID-19 guidelines for outdoor gatherings. We will do everything we can to ensure participants maintain physical distancing at our events. If this is not possible, staff and participants will be asked to wear a mask.
Online registration and COVID-19 screening are required.