Clean, Drain and Dry Day
September 10 @ 12:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Help Prevent the Spread of Aquatic Invasive Species
Credit Valley Conservation (CVC) in partnership with the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters (OFAH), is hosting Clean, Drain, Dry Days at Island Lake Conservation Area this summer to educate boaters about the new provincial boat washing regulation to prevent the transport of invasive species.
Boaters launching at Island Lake will have the opportunity to speak with staff to learn about the regulation and access a free mobile boat washing station to clean their boat before and after entering the water. CVC staff will be on-site to help boaters follow the now required steps before transporting a boat or boat equipment overland:
- Remove or open drain plugs to allow water to drain from the boat or boat equipment
- Take reasonable precautions to remove all aquatic plants (weeds), animals and algae from any boat, boat equipment, vehicle or trailer
See you at the lake!
Continue to check our events page for more Clean, Drain, Dry Days at Island Lake.
COVID-19 Participant Protocols and Guidelines
The well-being of our participants and staff is our top priority. We are following provincial and local regulations regarding COVID-19 guidelines for outdoor gatherings. See all protocols and guidelines.
COVID-19 best practices and safety precautions at CVC-led events:
- Stay home if you are feeling sick, if you have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive, or are self-isolating
- Participants will be asked to practice physical distancing and best hygiene practices to ensure compliance with local and provincial COVID-19 guidelines
- Bring your own face covering
This event is subject to change or cancellation due to COVID-19 and related public health restrictions or due to inclement weather. To stay current on event changes or cancellations follow us on social media.