The Cheltenham Badlands
Owned by Ontario Heritage Trust and managed by CVC
Scheduled to re-open June 19. Reservations will be available beginning June 11.
Visitors must follow these guidelines:
- Visiting with up to 10 people, including members of different households, is permitted.
- Stay on trails, stepping off only to allow others to pass
- Yield to oncoming trail users when crossing bridges and boardwalks
- Respect the signage and instructions provided by our dedicated staff
- Plan your trip accordingly and bring your own hand sanitizer as there are no hand-washing facilities available.
- One way trails are in effect.
We’re asking everyone to do their part to minimize the risk to yourself and others by following all public health advice.
1739 Olde Base Line Road, Caledon, ON L7C 0K6 (map)
Credit Valley Parks Visitor Services
Phone: 1-800-367-0890 ( 8:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Monday to Friday)
Please stay off the landscape feature. Visitors must remain on the accessible viewing platform and trails at all times to reduce damage and erosion of the historic feature. Be kind to the Badlands. You must use marked trails or the sidewalk along Olde Base Line Road to access the site.
Hours of Operation
subject to change, conditions permitting
(continued access is dependent on responsible park visitation and physical distancing practices. Park gates may be closed at any time of day if park capacity is reached.)
Summer (June 19 – Aug 21)
Seven days a week – 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Late Summer (Aug 22 – Sept 17)
Seven days a week – 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Fall (Sept 18 – Oct 24)
Seven days a week – 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Winter (Oct 25 – May 2022)
Weekdays: $20/ vehicle
Weekends and Holidays: $25/ vehicle
*HST additional. A $10 weekday or $15 weekend parking fee plus $10 reservation fee is included with each booking. This is non-refundable in the event you cancel your reservation.
Your reservation includes one parking space. You will have 1.5 hours available to visit the site from the start of your reservation time. In order to accommodate all reservations, we cannot extend your time if you arrive late.
Cancellation/ date change policy:
- Refunds: Parking fees will be refunded if you cancel you reservation a minimum of 48 hours in advance. The parking fee and reservation fee are transferable to a new date in this timeframe.
- No refunds: Parking fees will not be refunded if you fail to show up, change the date or cancel less than 48 hours before your scheduled visit.
- Applicable refunds will be issued within 24 hours.
Cancel online up until your reservation time by logging in to your account HERE.
Booking policy: reservations available by phone or online anytime, subject to availability.
- Limited parking
- Accessible parking available
- Accessible viewing platform
Note: large vehicles such as RV’s are not permitted due to parking lot size restrictions
- Hiking – Bruce Trail – one-way travel from Olde Base Line to Badlands Trail
- Dog walking (leashed dogs only)
- Photography (personal use only)
- Historic geological Badlands feature/ nature viewing