CVC Strategic Plan
Our Future to Shape – Strategic Plan 2015 – 2019
In 2014 Credit Valley Conservation began a strategic planning process to guide the future of our watershed and the organization for the next five years and into the future.
Our strategic plan is titled Our Future to Shape. It outlines our vision, mission and a set of values that will guide all future operations. There are eight goals with associated outcomes and directions. It was developed in consultation with our Board of Directors, management, staff, stakeholders, partners and members of the public.
A thriving environment that protects, connects and sustains us.
Our vision is our desired end-state for our local environment and communities. It guides every aspect of our work by describing what is required to sustain our quality of life.
Together, it’s our nature to conserve and our future to shape through the power of science, education, policy and leadership.
Our mission is our reason for being. It provides a path to achieve our shared vision.
Our values guide our actions. They represent who we are as people and as an organization. They factor into every decision made at every level. As our organization evolves, our values remain a constant source of inspiration and guidance.
- Leadership: We lead by example. We inspire and empower the community and our partners.
- Service: We are responsive and professional in our interactions with the public, our partners and among ourselves.
- Collaboration: We work together and with our volunteers, partners and the community to achieve shared goals.
- Accountability: We are accountable to taxpayers, our partners and donors. Above all, we are accountable to the environment.
- Integrity: We are consistent, honest, ethical and make decisions based on the best available science.
- Excellence: We continually learn and improve to be the best we can be.
- Innovation: We encourage new and creative technologies and approaches.
- Holistic Thinking: We see the big picture and recognize the interconnectedness of elements that form larger systems.
- Inclusiveness: We value the diverse perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles and cultures that together inform the work we do.
- Spirit: We help each other, give back to the community and celebrate achievements.