The Cheltenham Badlands
Owned by Ontario Heritage Trust and managed by CVC
1739 Olde Base Line Road, Caledon, ON L7C 0K6 (map)
Hours of Operation
Fall (September 22 to October 28)
Seven days a week – 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Winter (October 29 to May)
CLOSED (No entry)
Please stay off the landscape feature. Visitors must remain on the accessible boardwalk and trails at all times to reduce damage and erosion of the historic feature. Be kind to the Badlands. You must use marked trails or the sidewalk along Olde Base Line Road to access the site.
Parking is only allowed in the parking lot. There is no vehicle stopping, standing or parking permitted along the road. The accessible parking space located beside the boardwalk is for use by valid permit holders only.
To avoid LOT FULL or heavy traffic, catch the weekend Badlands Shuttle at Terra Cotta Conservation Area. Saturday and Sunday shuttle service starts September 22, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. every 20-30 minutes. Also available Thanksgiving Monday.
General Admission Fees
Parking rate: $10 per vehicle*
Please pay at the pay station. Machines accept credit and coin.
* Show your parking receipt at any CVC parks location for up to a $10 discount off your general admission fees. Receipt must be used the same day as purchased.
Buses (On-site requirements)
Commercial buses – not permitted in the parking lot due to the size and turn radius required to exit the parking lot.
School buses – accepted Monday to Friday by permit only. Not permitted any time on weekends or holidays. A permit will only be issued by CVC staff. Call 1-800-367-0890 for more information.
- NEW 33-car parking lot (off Olde Base Line Road)
- Accessible parking space (beside the accessible boardwalk on Olde Base Line Road. For use by valid permit holders only)
- 2 spaces for school bus parking (permit required. Contact CVC staff by calling 1-800-367-0890)
- Port-o-lets (accessible washroom onsite)
- Accessible boardwalk/ viewing platform
What to See & Do
- Historical geological Badlands feature/ nature viewing
- Hiking trails (Bruce Trail)
- Dog walking (leashed dogs only please)
- Photography (permit may be required, please contact 1-800-367-0890 for details).
CVC would also like to acknowledge support from the Government of Ontario and the Government of Canada.