Frontline is a volunteer program for high school students, based around environmental leadership, stewardship, and outreach. Frontline operates from September to May, with meetings occurring approximately once a month on Saturdays. The meetings consist of workshops, job shadowing experiences, and stewardship activities. Frontline members are expected to become leaders and ambassadors for the environment by presenting to their peers, taking action, and acting as a liaison between CVC and their school or community. Each year, a youth-friendly outreach presentation is created and Frontline members are asked to deliver it to their peers or community. Frontline members are eligible for an EcoAmbassador, depending on their commitment to the program and outreach actions. Each year, the Frontline program focuses on a different local environmental theme to build leadership skills. This year’s theme is pollinators.
Frontline members dedicate approximately 3-4 hours per month to::
- Attend workshops and experiences
- Become an environmental leader in your school and community (presenting to your peers)
- Act as a liaison between CVC and your school
- Take on a leadership role within the Conservation Youth Corps program
Benefits of participation:
- Earn volunteer hours
- Earn an Eco-Ambassador Award
- Build your resume
- Network with students from across the Credit River watershed
- Connect with environmental professionals
- We offer events approximately once per month from September to May
- Events are held at our Head Office (1255 Old Derry Rd.), or an alternate location.
- Participants are responsible to get themselves to CVC Head Office, or to the event location
- Participants are eligible for volunteer hours reflecting the hours contributed to events they attended, and outreach they completed
- Participants are eligible to earn an EcoAmbassador award based on the hours and outreach contributed to the program
Participants must be:
- At least 14 years of age
- Resident of the Credit River Watershed.
- Able to get themselves to/from CVC Head Office for meetings
How to Apply:
Want to join Frontline? It’s easy. Just click on the link below and fill out our registration form!
If you have any questions about the program, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org